A Stihl weed eater or trimmer is that indispensable garden tool without which a gardener’s or landscaper’s toolbox is incomplete. Weed eaters and trimmers are to gardeners or landscapers what golf sticks are to golfers. It is a very necessary tool of their trade.Stihl name brand weed eaters and trimmers come in various models and in an unending list of features, functions, and operating capabilities. Some specialty stores which stock Stihl weed eaters may have knowledgeable sales people guiding a buyer through the nitty-gritty of buying, using, and maintaining a Stihl product. Even then, it’s probably a good idea to do some individual research or homework on this product before hitting a local store.
The models and features
The model names for Stihl weed eaters or trimmers start with FS and have a typical pattern of FSnn, where in is a two-digit number. Detailed comparison charts of different trimmer models are provided on the manufacturer’s website. The best advice to a potential buyer of Stihl weed eater or trimmer would be to visit the website and acquire as much information about these products as possible before making the valuable purchase decision.
All the basic models of Stihl weed eaters or trimmers are considered a landscaper’s power tools and have the
• Protected spark arrestor muffler to reduce noise level and spark emissions.
• Protected spark plug, which is easy to replace
• Air filter cover, which is easy to use, clean, and replace.
• Upright translucent fuel tank with clear level indicator.
• Smooth clean design
• High-tech polymer housings, which are lightweight and corrosion resistant.
• Purge pump primer for priming the carburetor
• Protected choke lever/knob designed for damage prevention.
• Heavy-duty centrifugal clutch designed to reduce slippage.
• Throttle trigger interlock, which needs to be depressed before the trigger can be activated
• Fully lined drive shaft for smooth operation and less vibration.
• Adjustable front handle
• Protected or enclosed control cables
• Protected throttle trigger
• Clip for strap or harness
Additional enhanced features such as Easy2Start System (E) is found on specific models.
When buying Stihl weed eater, a buyer will have to spend some time looking at the service manual or parts manual or both just to get a good understanding of the working capabilities of the products. Generally, the sales person in the tools section of the store is qualified to answer most of the questions that a potential buyer may have, but it is even better to check out the manuals on one’s own.
Stihl weed eaters, sometimes, may have caused maintenance concerns to the customer and these concerns should be clarified and cleared before making the valuable purchase decision.
In conclusion, the success or failure of using a Stihl weed eater will depend a lot on the individual user and that person’s initiative in learning the proper way to operate and maintain such a product. All features specifications and operating instructions with proper upkeep guidance are provided on the official Stihl website.